question about adjusting bullet seater tool

The little red box that started it all!
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: question about adjusting bullet seater tool

Post by mikld »

Yep, I too make dummies for every bullet in every cartridge I reload, but not as nice as some of those above (envious! :roll: ).

FWIW I started reloading revolver ammo in 1969 with a Lee Loader and didn't pay any attention to listed OAL. I just seated the bullet to the crimp groove and crimped there. I still do that today with all my revolver ammo; seat to the cannalure or crimp groove (I figger the bullet designer had a reason to place the groove/cannalure where it is). Another thought, reloading manuals are not hard and fast formula, rather they are published reports of what components the testers used with a specific powder charge. The listed OAL is what they arrived at with their particular bullets and brass. I have reloaded tens of thousands of revolver rounds and as long as they fit the cylinder and are crimped in the cannalure or groove, they are safe and accurate...

When reloading my rifle cartridges the bullet manufacturer has the last say as to OAL for the particular bullet I choose.

Return to “Lee Loader®”