I'm Here... I Think

Tell us a bit about yourself!
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

I'm Here... I Think

Post by mr surveyor »

as my handle implies, I spend a lot of time outdoors, and as owner of my own business for the last 30+ years I also have to spend a lot of office time. Since my fun time is limited, generally to rain-out days, I don't get to spend near enough time shooting/reloading. I waited until my late 50's to start reloading, now into my third year, with a lot of advice (but absolutely no hands on experience from) several long time reloading buddies. I started with a couple of Lee Classic Loaders and forced myself to use nothing but them for the first year so that I would develop good habits in monitoring my brass, care in handling priming, and caution with powder handling. I loaded only 100-200 rounds of 9mm with the LCR before putting it aside as I was much more excited about the .357 for the cost savings. Probably hammered out 700-800 .357's in that first year. Then allowed myself to graduate to a Hand Press, with the intention of sticking to it for only one year before taking the next step. Again, I had never pulled the handle on anyone's press before (still haven't) but it didn't take more than the first few rounds with the hand press to realize it was no less capable than any other single stage press. Now, a couple years later, I have loaded several thousand rounds of combined .38 spl, .357 mag, .45 acp, .44 mag, .30-30 .... all on the Hand Press. My reloading is all done in my office and everything stores neatly in "office boxes". Takes five minutes to get out the tools for a load session and be set up and ready, and about the same to pick up afterwards. No more than I am able to go to the range (10 minutes away), I often have to wish for a range trip so I can empty a bit of brass to reload.

I don't think any reloader can say they are completely equipped without a Lee Hand Press :D

That's me.

surv
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: I'm Here... I Think

Post by Ranch Dog »

Greeting and welcome to the forum surveyor, nice to see you here! You sure hit on the beauty of these simple tools!
Michael

Return to “Member Introductions”