single seating die .38spl

Carbide and Steel die sets plus the Carbide, Bottle Neck Pistol Cartridge, and Factory Crimp Dies. Also the Bulge Buster Kit.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

single seating die .38spl

Post by Fyodor »

Hi!

I'll be loading two different configurations with two different bullets in .38spl for CAS, because I don't reach the minimum power factor from my revolvers with the light bullet I used for my rifle.

I bought a pro1000 in .38spl and another 3-hole turret and 3 die set and posder measure, so I can quickly change on the press.

But I still have my hand press with a 4-die set and will be using it occationaly. So I thought it might be handy to have another seating die only, because all the other dies are set up identically anyway. Unfortunately LEE doesn't sell seating dies individually, so I decided I would order all parts and assemble it myself. But what parts do I need for just that die?

LEE parts list

I know that I need the following:
- SB2281 38/357 B SEAT PLUG
- SB2270 SEAT DI BODY 38 SPL
- SD2152 LOCK RING
- SD2153 O-RING 7/8X.103 (for lock ring)
- SB2154 ADJUST SC.RIFLE/PIS.

But on the adjustment screw, there is another O-ring, and I believe the screw doesn't come with it, since all O-rings are listed seperately. But wich one is the correct one? There are two more listed.

Most probably I'll skip the "lock" ring, and use one from hornady. The LEE rings just don't work well when the dies are replaced frequently.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: single seating die .38spl

Post by Ranch Dog »

I would think the Adjustment Screw includes the o-ring in that it is pictured with it but I know the items have a long way to come so you might as well be sure.

I looked at the Universal Expanding die because it uses the same seating plug and it is "O-RING 7/16 X .070 SKU: SB2155".

O RING 016 ID 5/8 SKU: AD2299" must go on the Funnel Adapter.
Michael

Return to “Handgun”