9mm brass sticks in die

Carbide and Steel die sets plus the Carbide, Bottle Neck Pistol Cartridge, and Factory Crimp Dies. Also the Bulge Buster Kit.
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: 9mm brass sticks in die

Post by Poppop »

I thought so. Just needed confirmation. Thanks
+guns :D
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA
Horseturd
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Horseturd »

I have a similar issue. I clean my brass, tumbling them in walnut shells until bright. When I remove them I blow them off w compressed air. Every once in awhile one gets stuck in the Lee carbide sizer decapper. It gets pulled right out of the shell holder. I bought a 5/16" long neck punch to drive them out when this happens. I'm getting used to the feel of the press, when this is about to happen and I'll use a lubed case the next time and this prevents it from happening. Anyone else experience this. At first it only happened w Winchester cases, but it also happens w Blazer too.
Reloader
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Reloader »

I don't often do it, but a quick spritz with spray lube does make a difference in the ease of the resizing step.
I just don't like to have to re tumble to remove the lube.
I don't like to size cases without cleaning after they've even on the ground.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

No matter how you clean or shine your brass a quick spray of any sizing lube seriously reduces the effort required to size it. I like Lee's sizing lube mixed with 70% isopropyl or a lanolin alcohol mix. I know carbide die don't require lubes and this method adds an extra step for users of carbide dies but it's worth it. Especially for tapered cases like 9mmL and mandatory for the M1 Carbine case.
I stopped using tumbling with SS pins unless it is really tarnished or dirt caked brass. My buzz bucket (vibratory) does a good job and the NuFinish keep the brass shiny as well as eases the sizing for non tapered cases. All wet tumbled brass gets lubed.
No matter how I clean my brass adding some kind of lube for sizing makes it easier on my old worn out joints and muscles. I don't care if the lube needs to be removed before clambering a finished round. That extra step is worth it in elbow effort reduction and keeping the shine on the brass.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

The Turtle Zip Wash/Wax as a final rinse is working out very well with my 9mm Luger brass. After all the case prep I run it in the rotary tumbler for a bit and just dump out the liquid without rinsing, put it in the case dryer, and then bag it. Once in the press, no problems.
Michael

Return to “Handgun”