NOE Bullet Gripper

Tools that represent the "odds and ends" of bullet casting.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

NOE Bullet Gripper

Post by daboone »

Ranch Dog wrote:........
I have the NOE Bullet Gripper that is a great tool ........ I wanted the tool to help hold the bullets while installing checks or beveling the base of a plain base bullets
I cut, edited and pasted this from another discussion because it's a neat tool. ( Thanks RD for remarking about this tool.) I make my own gas checks (Free Chexs II &III). This NOE tool helps my homemade GCs fit better on more of my mold's bullets. It also is great for removing flashing from the bases from some the PC coated bullets.

I wish there was a better way to grip short bullet for this tool other than my fingers. Everything I've tried mars the lead bullet. Any ideas appreciated.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: NOE Bullet Gripper

Post by Ranch Dog »

The limits of course are the RCBS collets and they do not like short bullets. I really need something that will work with short .225 and .258 bullets as well.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

I wonder if the Hornady Cam Lock collets will work. I've got a few back in my shop but I won't be there till this coming saturday

http://m.hornady.com/store/Collet-1-.17-Cal-1-Each/

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Over my head. Looks like I got I into the discussion mid-sentence. Need some more of the story.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Gasguz this is the thread I lifted the quote from: http://lee-loader.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... s&start=10

Basically I was just pointing out that it's a nice tool for correcting a cast bullet's base. It helps some cast bullets except gas checks.

My only problem with the tool occurs when trying to use it with small bullets. There is not enough finger room on the nose of the bullet to twist it to shave/shape its base.

I hope this get rid of the confusion.

GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Thanks
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Accessories and Other Tools”