TLC311-165RF Surprise

Discussions covering the components and techniques of reloading for your long gun.
Rooster59
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: TLC311-165RF Surprise

Post by Rooster59 »

Your suggestion sounds like a good one RD. My LGS put a bore scope in the rifle yesterday and couldn't find a thing wrong with the bore. The restriction at the breech end of the rifling didn't show up to the camera/naked eye to him so it must be just enough to feel but not see. Fire lapping might help, but I would hate to lap the entire barrel. Only the very end of the breech needs some relief. As it is, a .299" pilot for a reamer won't go in it. A friend suggested lapping just the beginning of the rifling with a bore brush or mop with some polishing compound inserted through the muzzle into the chamber, then just stroking it in and out of the rifling at the breech end. Sounds logical but the practical application may not be as easy as describing it.

Numrich has NOS 18.5" barrels for it in stock. That is the alternative.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: TLC311-165RF Surprise

Post by 62chevy »

I would use a wood doll cut a slit in the end and wrap some 600 grit wet dry around it. Chuck it in a drill and have at it.
Je suis Charlie

Return to “Rifle Reloading”