What to do during a blizzard? Cast Bullets of course!

Topics concerning individual handgun & rifle bullet designs, buckshot, and shotgun slugs.
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

What to do during a blizzard? Cast Bullets of course!

Post by Steelbanger »

Hello Lee fans,

It's just past noon here in PA which means that I've been casting for about two hours. I really should be shoveling snow but it's still coming down at a heavy rate so I think I'll wait until it stops snowing before I touch the shovel. I've decided to use only one mould this morning, the 240 gr. RD FN which I size to .431. I have a 6 cav. Lee with three each cavities with and without GC base.

Actually I began casting yesterday and want to finish up with about 500 of each bullet type. I should be close now or at any rate close enough. The snow measures about 15" right now and continues to fall. I've been waiting for snow to motivate me into casting and it's finally here.

I wish I would have specified 3-4 inches but oversights do occur.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: What to do during a blizzard? Cast Bullets of course!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thanks for the report Frank, I was wondering what you were getting as the wife was just talking to her sister up there. What you going to use those TLC432-240-RFs in?
Michael
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Steelbanger »

Hello Michael,

I use the plain base 44's in my Bisley Super Blackhawk and the gas checked bullets go through my 44 rifles, the Ruger 77/44 gets most of those and an assortment of Marlins get the rest.

Frank
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ahhh... I still feel the tug of that 77/44. There is a beautiful Rem 788 chamber in 44 Mag on GB that closes today. It is going to go for near a grand I suspect.

As soon as I finish my Savage 340 project, I will be starting with that bullet in my R92. I've got to get my 44P sighted in with the XS Scout mount and will use the 300-grain bullet with it and then the same with the 444P using my 350-grain bullet. The 444T will stay with the 275-grain bullet but I recently had the scope off of it for a completed cleaning so I will need to check it out on the range as well.
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
If there was ever a blizzard down here the neighborhoods would roll over and just give up.
It is amazing how projects begin to pile up. I have a list that is probably far beyond the 5 months we will be up north there this summer. But it sure beats sitting in a chair and drooling down the front of a shirt.
Mike in Peru

Return to “Bullets, Buckshot, & Slugs”