Lyman went Ka-Put

Hand decappers, chamfer/deburr tool, primer pocket tool.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Lyman went Ka-Put

Post by 62chevy »

The Lyman tumbler gave up the ghost today. Ran for about a half hour then just quit. Thought maybe it was to cold out side so brought it in and plugged it in in the bathroom, had to run some errands and when I got back tipped it side ways and it started so ya it was to cold. Nope in less than five minutes it quit again. Shook it and it sputtered to a start then stopped and started a couple of times then it was done for good. Took it back to Walmart and got a new one.

My question is how long should a Lyman tumbler last. One or two seasons or many.
Je suis Charlie
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Lyman went Ka-Put

Post by Ranch Dog »

62chevy wrote:The Lyman tumbler gave up the ghost today. Ran for about a half hour then just quit. Thought maybe it was to cold out side so brought it in and plugged it in in the bathroom, had to run some errands and when I got back tipped it side ways and it started so ya it was to cold. Nope in less than five minutes it quit again. Shook it and it sputtered to a start then stopped and started a couple of times then it was done for good. Took it back to Walmart and got a new one.

My question is how long should a Lyman tumbler last. One or two seasons or many.
My Franklin Arsenal vibrator has been run about 15 years pretty hard.
Michael
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Steve »

I had one last 5 years. That was the longest. My RCBS vibratory case cleaner didn't last long, but I liked the design. So I bought a Frankfort Arsenal and put that motor in the RCBS, It's been going strong now with that motor for a couple years.

I use cheap timers on my cleaners to shut them down in an effort to extend there usable time.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 62chevy »

Steve wrote:I had one last 5 years. That was the longest. My RCBS vibratory case cleaner didn't last long, but I liked the design. So I bought a Frankfort Arsenal and put that motor in the RCBS, It's been going strong now with that motor for a couple years.

I use cheap timers on my cleaners to shut them down in an effort to extend there usable time.

A timer is a good idea. How much did you have to modify the motor to get it to work?
Je suis Charlie
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Just use the plug in timers like you would for lights when not home that's what i do my layman turbo had it since i started loading. has cleaned more ammo than I will ever probly load.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Steve

Post by Steve »

62chevy wrote: How much did you have to modify the motor to get it to work?
It's has been a couple years ago that I made that motor swap. I recall the bolt patern was the same, and I used the fan and weight that were on the Frankford arsenal fan. I will look at it tomorrow, maybe I can give you a clear answer then.

Return to “All Other Tools”