Bought a NIB Auto Prime

daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Bought a NIB Auto Prime

Post by daboone »

I believe this is the first post COZ posted about his learning curve with Auto Prime II. This thread also talks about his finding the RCBS inserts for the "FIX". Lot of photos and the logic of why and how they improved the system.
A pause for the COZ AP II fix

I also saw somewhere that Lee has released a new bench primer in Europe. I saw protos and some advertisement about this bench style primer unit. It uses the same style primer trays.

I guess this thread has been hijacked, Opps sorry :roll:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Bought a NIB Auto Prime

Post by buckeye43210 »

In an attempt to nudge the conversation back on topic, has anyone else tried the mod described below?

http://www.beartoothbullets.com/tips/ar ... ips.htm/47

ImageImageImage
The modification involves cutting away the bottom of the "U" shape of the top of the tool so that the shellholder can be inserted backwards, allowing the tool to be loaded from the bottom. It goes a lot faster when the primed shell falls out rather than having to be removed. It helps to leave a lip about 1/8" high for the shellholder to register to when changing calibers.

I got the idea after buying an RCBS tool and discovering that the shellholder changes were much more complicated than on an Autoprime. Of course, not long after I made the modification I bought a progressive press! I still use the Lee for my 7 mag cases.

Return to “Off Press Priming”