Reloading Gun Cleaning and General Repair/Tinkering Bench

From a shoebox to an full production setup, show us how you operate! There is something to learn from everyone!
10mmauto
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Reloading Gun Cleaning and General Repair/Tinkering Benc

Post by 10mmauto »

Fyodor wrote:
10mmauto wrote:Here's mine:
Nice setup!

Can you sent another picture of the light you put in that press? That looks professional ;)
That light actually comes from In Line Fabrication's Standard 2.0 LED shellplate lighting kit.

http://inlinefabrication.com/collection ... ghting-kit

I put them on all my presses. I have his Ultramount (quick change system) also. I really like his stuff. The little light on the side is just a standard Home Depot magnetic stick on light that I was using on the 650. I just wanted to stick it on somewhere.
HDMontana
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by HDMontana »

akuser47 wrote:When ur in your gallery or album on you phone put your finger down on the picture you need to reorient. Edit options should show up. Then rotate until it is upright. Apple iPhone and Samsung galaxy phones are similar in this aspect.
Thanks. All the pictures are fine in the gallery album. It's when I post on tapatalk with my new LG g3 that it puts them sideways. Didn't do it with my razr maxx. Maybe when picture shows up in the post draft, I can turn it. I'll give it a shot.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

I see hmm try turning them sideways in your gallery on ur phone then try posting see if that makes it right odd that the code is getting twisted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
6Gears1Speed
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by 6Gears1Speed »

Sorry I thought I was set up to get an email when I get a reply but I guess not...

I have buckets full of brass in the basement and more powder as well. I only keep what I'm using short term in this area.

If there's one thing I hate is stepping all over dirt and other debris on the floor and a bench that is so full of stuff I can't use it or find anything. While I'm loading or tinkering stuff is everywhere but as soon as I'm done everything goes back to where it came from.

That's a 200W Sanyo receiver. I bought it brand new in the mid 70's and it still works great! And it has an AUX input so I can connect my MP3 players to it or the TV. I either listen to music or put a game on for background noise. If there's something I want to really see I stop loading. For some reason my cigars aren't in the picture :roll: .

I got the light for free at the local thrift shop that my mother inlaw volunteers for. :lol: There was only a short metal rod on the bottom for mounting so I grabbed a 2x4, drilled a hole on the top, drilled it into the side of the bench and shoved the light into the hole. Works great!

The 45's failed. I've done plenty successfully with the old turret press but this was my first batch with the Loadmaster. I'm not sure what the problem is yet. I had a lot of FTF's. But it was a brand new 1911 I was using for the first time as well so I don't know if it's the ammo or just a gun that needs breaking in. I'll figure it out.

As far as pictures coming out in the wrong orientation, digital camera's and phones have sensors in them that detect the orientation. If you point them straight down or at some other weird angle they can get confused. The picture will look OK on the phone or camera but when you upload them to a Windows computer they can be off by 80 or 180 degrees because Windows looks for the data in the orientation field in order to know how to display it. Digital photos are just files like any other file in Windows. The file has a bunch of data in an area called EXIF data. In the EXIF data there are all sorts of things like exposure, date, AND orientation. If you were to look at that file with an EXIF editor you would see "90" in the orientation field. The middle of this website shows an example of the data. http://freeweb.siol.net/hrastni3/foto/e ... oolgui.htm
Using the editor you can set it to whatever you want to fix it. Usually you can just take another picture while tipping the camera correctly or do what someone else mentioned but if you need to change other things in the EXIF data you use an editor. That's your tech tip of the day! :lol:
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

6Gears1Speed wrote:....If there's one thing I hate is stepping all over dirt and other debris on the floor and a bench that is so full of stuff....
Ah come on there is nothing as exciting as stepping on a bullet or a spent primer with bare feet in the middle of the night while fumbling for the light switch. :shock:
6Gears1Speed wrote:The 45's failed. I've done plenty successfully with the old turret press but this was my first batch with the Loadmaster. I'm not sure what the problem is yet. I had a lot of FTF's. But it was a brand new 1911 I was using for the first time as well so I don't know if it's the ammo or just a gun that needs breaking in. I'll figure it out.
How do the primer strikes look on the FTFs?
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
6Gears1Speed
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by 6Gears1Speed »

daboone wrote:
How do the primer strikes look on the FTFs?
Sorry, by FTF I meant Failure To Feed not Failure To Fire. They were stovepiping on the way in fairly frequently. I don't want to get too much into it in this thread but I haven't tried fixing it yet because I'm out of bullets. I have a new batch arriving next week.

But the first thing I'm going to do is to buy a box of factory ammo tomorrow to rule out the new gun, hopefully. If it's the gun I'll hit it again with some 3M 5000 grit automotive sandpaper (foam really). I always hit new semi auto's with that to try and avoid pre-breakin failures. I hit the rails, ramp and barrel. It barely removes any material but makes things nice and smooth.

I used both mags it came with so it's not the mags. It's the Ruger SR1911 Talo "Night Watchman" special edition. This one was finished in black nitride and is noticeably rough feeling along the rails unlike natural stainless that they usually come in. My first SR1911 never failed and I've never heard anyone complain about them so I think the gun is going to be fine.

If it's not the gun then I'll go through all the usual suspects.

Return to “Show Us Your Bench!”