Pro Auto Disk - breaking chains

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Pro Auto Disk - breaking chains

Post by GasGuzzler »

Then stay around and post about the other brands. We're OK with that too I bet.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Sure wish you would have posted a bit more about the issues before you put all that time in. I personally didn't think the problem was related to powder delivery but rather something like a primer hanging up underneath the shell plate or the primer rocker arm dragging. The case slider binding might be associated with the first issue as well. Unfortunately, over the last 10 days, I have been really tied up with my parent's health issues and have had very little forum (or reloading) time.

So, what press are you going to try next?
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Well, thanks for explaining. As stated many here have figured out how to dial most the LEE gear in to perform very well. If you ever go LEE again look us up. Plus you don't have to be LEE user to enjoy this great forum many of us dabble in a few other colors of gear. I have some green gear some other red gear, some blue gear. Ect. Ect. Ect. LoL +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

Whew! I thought it was us.
:roll:
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

I realize it's a moot point at this time, but the only time the Powder measure return chain will break is when not properly set up/adjusted. "Usually" it's because the little spring isn't installed on the bottom of the chain. If the chain breaks and it IS set up correctly then obviously the measure would be suspect and the first place I'd look would be the return arm "nub" being in the right "slot" on the disc and the disc is in it's slots. Perhaps the arm itself could be in a bind but I've never seen that. There's only a couple moving parts involved in a disc measure so troubleshooting should be an easy task....would liked to have seen the offending LM in question.
bgw45
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by bgw45 »

Just to clarify, the arm on the first PM would lock/hang on return. After breaking the chain I found the arm would intermittently hang. When it would hang I would have to move it twords the fill direction to release it.

The Lee rep stated there was an issue with the down tube. The issue with the second measure was different.

I do think you guys would have helped tons if I was smart enough to utilize the talent here.

My failure.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

I probably made two mistakes today.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”