My Motorcycle Won Bike Of The Month On GSXR.COM!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
6Gears1Speed
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: My Motorcycle Won Bike Of The Month On GSXR.COM!

Post by 6Gears1Speed »

Well, if it IS bad news the guy doing the scope will likely tell you right then and there unless you are totally knocked out. They prefer you are awake so you can follow instructions but some people konk out. You usually don't remember anything. The guy who scoped me while in the hospital said "We have to do the biopsy but I've seen enough of these to know that it's cancer". I hope you don't mind the straight talk but I don't know how else to say it.

The thing is, with you having a fever I would be surprised if it's cancer. I'm not aware of fever being a symptom of colon cancer, but then I'm not a doctor. I had no fever. Just pain that got worse over two days just like when I had appendicitis. You might just have a really bad case of appendicitis.

Here's a quick anatomy lesson... The large intestine and small intestine are joined by the secum. The secum is a sack with a valve on it. It's purpose is to keep the solids that have moved from the SI to the LI separated. It's a one way valve that prevents solids from back flushing from the LI to the SI and causing infections.

Pretty interesting how they fixed me. My secum was fully involved as well as a foot of LI and 11 out of 17 lymph nodes. They removed the secum and big chunk of LI then joined the LI and SI. They don't join them end to end. They join them by slitting the ends of each for a couple of inches and sew them together side by side. It's stronger that way. Had they known I have a genetic mutation that caused the cancer they would have removed everything but the last 6 inches so I wouldn't need a bag. Now I have to get a scope every year because the mutation will always be a major threat.
Patriot007

Post by Patriot007 »

Super nice bike and congrats on winning the competition. God bless you on the chemo, and now your in our prayers, I always say, live life as it was your last day. Seems like there's a song about that. May you live long, ride hard, or die trying, peace to you brother.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My prayers are with both as well. Mr. S... please keep us posted this week if possible.
Michael
scotland
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by scotland »

Yes. . Keep us posted and i will keep you in my prayers. God's will provide whatever his plans will be.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

Thanks, Brothers! I'll start another thread next week when I know more.

And, sorry for the thread hijack 6G1S. I hope you get to / have to completely rebuild that bike 2 or 3 times before it becomes a too valuable to ride classic .... then start over :D

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Prayers sent.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
number1wrench
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by number1wrench »

Congratulations! Your story is a great encourager to those that receive "bad news". You have been truly blessed, keep up the rewarding work you enjoy and you have my respect and encouragement to continue encouraging those experiencing similar physical malady's.

Return to “Topic Bucket”