Good Coffee

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Good Coffee

Post by Steve »

I really like good coffee. The next time you have to pay 2 bucks for a cup of coffee think of this.
I use Original 8 o’clock brand coffee. Comes in 36 ounce bags at Wal-Mart for 13 bucks. I use bottled spring water for 80 cents a gallon. Allowing a little for filters, coffee pot cleaning and tax I have a total cost of 23.54 dollars to use that bag of coffee.

That bag of coffee makes 96 of the insulated 16 ounce plastic cups Casey’s sells, my cost is 24.5 cents each. + spill a little I'm going to call it 25 cents a cup.

Or 148 cups like Applebee's give you. My cost is 16 cents each.

The big difference here is my coffee is good and it don't cost much.
62chevy
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Good Coffee

Post by 62chevy »

Had that figured out back in the 70s still some coffees are worth the 2 bucks not many and not Stare Bucks. Fountain pop has the same markup as coffee.
Je suis Charlie
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

My coffee doesn't run near that. Then again I had a truck driver friend that delivered to several dry goods distributors that hooked me up w/probably 5yr worth of vacu-sealed whole beans I have 6 or 7 5lb bags . I did have to buy a grinder and I actually only drink coffee 2-3 Sundays a month.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
larryw
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

Wife & I tried Starbucks years ago, It was real good, more like a desert than a cup of coffee.
But, $8.00 for a large coffee??? I'm not that far out of my mind yet!!!
We were also turned on to pure Kona coffee from Hawaii by a friend of ours that lives there,
he sent us a pound last year, absolute BEST I ever had, after his pound was gone
I went looking for it, $78.00 a pound for the exact same thing he sent us, needless to say,
I kept telling him, "bring us some when you come over" Wife & I have been drinking
Good old Folgers lately, some stuff called 1/2 Caf, taste good & doesn't upset our innards.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Steve
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Steve »

larryw wrote:Wife & I tried Starbucks years ago, It was real good, more like a desert than a cup of coffee.
But, $8.00 for a large coffee??? I'm not that far out of my mind yet!!!
We were also turned on to pure Kona coffee from Hawaii by a friend of ours that lives there,
he sent us a pound last year, absolute BEST I ever had, after his pound was gone
I went looking for it, $78.00 a pound for the exact same thing he sent us, needless to say,
I kept telling him, "bring us some when you come over" Wife & I have been drinking
Good old Folgers lately, some stuff called 1/2 Caf, taste good & doesn't upset our innards.
Tried some Kona Blend not long ago, it was good but couldn't find it the next time I was shopping. I really like the 8 o'clock coffee, some times I have to buy the beans and grind my own. I drink a 10 cup pot and a half of coffee a day. Don't know what type of cup they measure that with. Must be pretty darn small.

Return to “Topic Bucket”