Phoenix AZ

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Phoenix AZ

Post by daboone »

It's hard to explain but there are 2 separate areas at this Lake Pleasant site. The first area after the turn off is BLM land and still open. A little further down the road the land is private and that is the section that is now off limits.
The Sheriff explained that the landowner had allow it for a long time but was finally fed up with all the trash shooters and off roaders left behind. So I can't blame the man's decision. This is something I've complained about on this forum and others. I've helped Boy Scouts and another facebook shooting and off roading group do huge cleanups at this site and others. Some people want to take their broken TVs, and all sorts of trash and shoot it and just leave it behind. It's criminal and now all of us pay the price. Now instead of 2 fine areas there is just one making it more crowded. In fact I won't go there on the weekend anymore because it's over run.

Please be mindful when out to take your trash with you.

There are several BLM lands open to public. The drive is a bit further but worth it. some like the 4 Peaks mountains are beautiful and provide a variety of shooting opportunities and brass scrounging.

Now at my Texas part time home I'm fortunate as my SIL is friend with a rancher and that is another fun place to make smoke.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

This goes on out there pretty often. Deputy won't know any better or doesn't care & sides with
A land owner & runs people off, then the BLM guy will say "NOPE" this land is open. Seems to happen every few years?? Sure hope it's the case again...
Thanks RD, feeling better every day

Hey Dan, any evidence of a previous repair on that piece?
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Larry they only shut down the far end where you cross the cattle guard.

I got the new trigger housing yesterday. :D I spent most of the afternoon reassembling and getting frustrated. Finally decided to stop and drink some bourbon. ;) This morning I got after it again and it just went together like butter on bread, all most. Getting the sear, it's spring and the trigger pin lined up and inserted was a multi times event. :oops: The real problem was because this old 1943 Inland housing had been reparkerized. So the pin's holes were very tight. I needed an extra pair of hands and fingers to keep everything lined up.

I've function tested it several time while detached from the carbine. Will be putting it all back together and rechecking as soon as I finish rechecking and cleaning all the other parts of this "war baby".

I also ordered all new springs from Wolff Gunsprings to be prepared for any future problems. Because it was working perfectly before the housing cracked I hope these old springs will keep it working perfectly in there new home.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
bayou
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by bayou »

Wish I were closer to visit you and Larry, Dan!

Bayou
bayou
NRA Life Member

Return to “Topic Bucket”