"regional" firearms thoughts

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
oscarflytyer
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: "regional" firearms thoughts

Post by oscarflytyer »

In Alabama... Had to buy the 81 (300 Savage) and 14 (35 Rem) online.

Have found the Marlins in 35 Rem and Savage 99 in 300 Savage local.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

South Texas is the land of the bolt gun. I had to order in every lever gun I've bought.

The only reason a lever gun appears on a used rack here is if it fell out from behind the truck seat and was run over by the rear wheel.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Just a look at gun shows and stores here in SW Ohio. Needless to say a lot of "tactical" if it ain't black and mostly plastic" er polymer :D you have to look and looking has it's share of surprises. A lot of Moisins, not as many SKS as there used to be but they're still around, AK's of course. A smattering of M24/K98 with the latter bringing collector prices. M1's O3's even the shooters bring collector prices but at least they're still around. The K31's and other SR variants have mostly dried up along with the Swedes. I collect shooters and at today's prices count my self lucky to have most of what I want.

At the gun shops it is still possible to fine wood and steel just not in the variety they used to be. The only JM Marlin 35 Rem I've seen in a long time is the one in my safe, I do see the occasional JM in 30/30. I often suspect they were trade ins on pistol cartridge (straight wall only) lever guns for deer here in Ohio.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns

Return to “Topic Bucket”