1st loadmaster delivered

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Rareform
My Press Choice: Progressive

1st loadmaster delivered

Post by Rareform »

Last week my 1st loadmaster showed up. I have set it up and much to my surprise everything works as it should aside from the handle broken out of the box. Does anybody know why there is a white indexer flipper in the box?
I think reading all the fourms and YouTube made a world of difference on set-up.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1st loadmaster delivered

Post by Ranch Dog »

Rareform wrote:Does anybody know why there is a white indexer flipper in the box?
Only Lee would know. Did you get a black one as well? I just order some spare parts for the LoadMasters, including the flipper, and what I received Friday was black.

Good deal on the setup! Are you priming on the press?
Michael
jloader

Post by jloader »

I got mine about a year ago and also had that extra indexer.
After close examination I determined that it may be a spare as it rides plastic on metal frame so it would wear out eventually...
Just my thought...
Rareform

Post by Rareform »

Yes I'm priming on the press. I had a problem with the primers at 1st, I believe I was not making complete strokes because out of nowhere its priming with no problems. This weekend I will be loading 500 rds or more if thing go as planed.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Congratulations on your new press. I'm sure you'll enjoy using it. The LM will make a lot of ammo, fast. As to the color of the index flippers, I have some that are white, some black and the last ones I got were gray. They're all the same. I'm sure Lee Precision has a reason for this, (or not) but I have absolutely no clue as to what that reason may be.
Rareform

Post by Rareform »

Thought I would update
I reloaded only about 100rd this weekend. I'm testing oal and grains, I have concluded that 45 is incredibly forgiving. I fought with myself more than the press. I set the seating die up wrong and for some reason chased my tail for a bit before I removed the seating and crimping dies to reset them. Threw all the fighting with the seating I have yet to miss or turn a primer. If I had not heard so many the story's behind the priming on the loadmaster I would never have believed it.
I sold a Dillon 650 that I had crushed, loaded upside downed and sideways primers. I can't believe I never had one go off. The Dillon was fine but to big and fancy for me I felt I could use the money on other reloading items.
I find it funny how much Lee bashing there is yet everybody seems to own at least one. I wish I had bought a loadmaster 1st.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good to hear, thanks for your report!
Michael
jloader

Post by jloader »

Glad to hear that you are having fun and success with LM Rareform!
One thing I like about LM is that it keeps you on your toes, there are so many things going on with a pull of the arm, so many adjustments at play at once.
Great that you've had such a success with primers, but don't let your guard down.
I think that the greatest threat on that press is at the top of the stroke (ram up) is when something jams and you just pull back a bit, do a small adjustment of a die or case and continue the stroke... a double charge waiting to happen without you even looking there...
Play safe...

Return to “Progressive”