Case slider on Loadmaster

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
jloader
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Case slider on Loadmaster

Post by jloader »

Horseman - I've played with the alignment of the square rod quite a lot. You are correct - it does make a difference. But even in the most optimal setting, even slightly out of square for better results, nothing was satisfactory to me - I would have 2-3 "jumps" per stroke. This 'fix' squared things out for me and took all of the 'jumps' out.
Time will tell if this mod causes some other anomaly.
jloader
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Case slider on Loadmaster

Post by jloader »

jloader wrote: This 'fix' squared things out for me and took all of the 'jumps' out.
Time will tell if this mod causes some other anomaly.
Well, some time has gone by and yes, I've run into some anomalies.

This 'fix' would work only for the small case slider. The large case slider seems to be running quite square and that made it almost impossible to insert that small tube. When I did "force" the small tube in, then it became much harder to cycle the press - things were jamming up in the case feed assembly. So I took the small tube out.
When I was replacing the small case feeder for the large one, I intentionally did not loosen or turn the square rod - I just took apart the gray slider for that purpose.
Surprisingly, I do not have much of jerky motion anymore.
I think that me using the 'fix' with small case slider made me somehow align all the parts in a way that they just work well together.
I switched back to small case slider, without the small tube but keeping the alignment. Then I've run the press to load 200 9mm bullets (charge/seat/crimp). No jamming or jerky movement...

Could that all be a difficult to get right alignment? Hmm, I'm left to wonder and keep observing...

Return to “Progressive”